Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Nomad Returns

These Bandages by Tom Haubrick

Well, it's been a long time since I've been here; I seem to remember vaguely promising to keep this blog going while I worked on The 365° Experiment. Ah well, my apologies lovely readers - The Experiment seems to have stolen my soul, but only temporarily. I'm back; and with the pressure to write a script every day gone *insert Damocles' Sword reference*. I think I'll be able to dust the cobwebs off this place in the coming weeks.

I'm still spending the rest of this month catching my creative breath, but I'm hoping to post at least once a week for the rest of the month. There are some exciting plans happening and as they become more detailed, I'll be sharing them with you.

Its funny how the hope of plans slowly becoming reality and dreams struggling to come true are tempered by the stress of the every day. The balance is tricky - indulging to much in either set of emotions can be dangerous. To each his own, but in my story, I keep finding that prayer helps me stay balanced. I'm still learning how this whole 'walking with God' thing works--this immersion in conversation.

And speaking of being immersed in conversation, music has always made me feel more connected with the spiritual, something about that fluid embrace of words. So, for all you stressed and tired people out there, how about a little music?

I got a chance to hear these artists live last night at Club Spaceland - a venue that gets quite a few points in my book for making Monday night concerts free. I got to see some great musicians, hang with my Purple Church peeps, and end the evening not a penny poorer - a great way to Monday night, I say.

Ida Maria - Queen of the World
Update: LA Times Reviews Ida Maria


Honey Honey - Little Toy Gun


Rocco DeLuca & The Burden - The Gift


More Rocco

Watch more mVids videos on AOL Video


No comments: