Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Moment of Thought

Existing within these lives of ours is a strange thing. We make plans, grow attached to them, and then curl into fetal positions as our careful strategies are torn to shreds by gleeful circumstance. I proclaim that I am a nomad, embracing flexibility and change, and yet when life changes the rules, I want to scream like a three year old. I guess I have a lot to learn. And where is God in this confusion...I guess the right answer, the reassuring one is that He is guiding my path and teaching me to only trust Him. Despite the comforting platitudes, I still feel pretty scared. I've learned though, that beyond the trapped feeling of losing your plans, She tends to show up and shine a light revealing the most unexpected benefits. I'd like for that to happen yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I guess for me I have an idea of what I want to do with my life but it is like putty and can be molded. My plans are not set in stone that will shatter at the slightest change in temperature. I know who I am and what I want but not exactly how I will go about it and I am OK with that. It is something that can be molded and changed without breaking. For example, I really wished and hoped (and dare I say planned) to be married by now but I'm not. A fact that while saddens me for a while but then I am reminded of how short life really is and I want to be happy with what I have and not waste my whole life being sad because things didn't not turn out exactly as they 'ought' to be.

Anonymous said...

Hey Leslie, its great to read these blogs, i guess its onw way to stay in touch. I hope all goes well with you. when you mentioned She in your blog were you refering to God? interesting...