Friday, October 26, 2007

Sorting Out Chaos

The last few months have been completely chaotic between music videos and plan changes and getting ready for next year. I just got back from Poland this morning, and I'm hoping that marks a slight slow-down in pace for me and a return to this space...I've missed it quite a bit. I'm thinking of posting a few short stories/screenplays of mine on here every now and then. Any opinions? It wouldn't happen too much, but once in a while I'm in a sharing mood.

On a completely different note...ever do something that made you feel a bit sick for a few hours after you've done it? I had a quease-inducing moment. tedMEDIA has to travel with a lot of extra luggage, and so we usually try to negotiate for a lower price on the overweight baggage. Leaving Poland this morning, I flashed my sweetest smile, flirted, batted my lashes (so on and so forth) and got the price down a good bit. Now I know many airlines give their check-in clerks the freedom to shift the price depending on circumstance, but apparently, this wasn't the case because as I was leaving, the clerk mentioned that she could get into trouble for this. Now obviously she knew this and went ahead with dropping the price, but I don't really care. I will gladly negotiate something if it's in your power to change it; but I never want to convince you to do something you shouldn't be doing, even if that's at a cost to me. I didn't feel great about that.

No comments: