Friday, March 9, 2007

A Collection of Thoughts*

Things I have been contemplating this weekend:
1) Responsibility to friends.
2) Circumstances that are out of our control (or at least ones we think are).
3) The mysterious and slightly sinister way depression seems to slink into a day.
4) Relationships.
5) The frightening vastness of life post-college.
6) Guilt and what a great and insidious motivator it can be.
7) The fact that we really don't understand our own emotions and as soon as we think we
do, we run into another dozen nameless feelings we can barely grasp.
8) The struggle between my ideals and realism. Are my ideals not realistic, or are
they, and do I need to be patient? Do I not even understand how my ideals look in
the real world? Do I keep missing them because I haven't learned how to see what my
ideals actually look like in the flesh (so to speak)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have noticed a trend with you. I could be wrong but it seems as though you tend to talk more about depression and soul searching when you are in another country than when you are in the US. Are you too busy in the US? On another note, in case you didn't know I am in Sweden now.